Sunday 1 June 2014

WAAC Paintathon - It Begins

Sorry I haven't posted recently, I have been away and haven't had much time for myself. Today's post, however, is about something really important.

Recently @docbungle on twitter began a charity campaign on behalf of Macmillan cancer support, who you can find more about here, called WAAC 'Wargamers All Against Cancer'. You can find more about this at his blog, but more importantly you can also support this worthwhile cause at his just giving page This has inspired me to get involved.

As part of this campaign, I am going to be doing a sleepless 24 hour painting marathon, or Paintathon, to raise money for the charity. It's going to be on the August Bank Holiday, to tie in with the other WAAC events. The challenge is to paint 100 28mm or larger scale miniatures. The figures will be built and primed, but everything else will be painted by hand.

Regardless of what happens, I will be doing this. However, what I would really like is as many people to get involved in this as possible. I am currently trying to organize a venue, so that we can have enough space for people to move their elbows, but I also need other people to get involved. If you are in the North East area, think you can take the strain and are willing to go out and get sponsors for a good cause I'd love to hear from you. You can catch me on twitter @proximocoal or email connorbarker520829@gmail.com.

If you are not in the North East, it would be great if you could get involved anyway. Hopefully together we can make a difference. 

I will be posting updates on my blog when I get them, so please keep on eye on this, but most importantly please find it in your heart to give something to help those who have suffered from cancer. You can find my just giving page here.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great, you can count on my support especially since Macmillan are close to my heart having had two bouts of cancer last year. I don't know how much I can do as to be totally honest I am taking a long time to recover and get my stamina back but what ever I can do to help I will. PAul W.

    ReplyDelete