Sunday, 29 June 2014

Malifaux Mat, showing off

This weekend I finished another Malifaux Mat. For those who haven't seen them before, they are made out of wall paper and split into two 3' by 18" sections. If you look back through my previous blog posts you can see how I made them. This latest mat also makes use of the textured paint I make aswell.

With this mat I tried to keep the important lines. What I mean by that is that the paths (on either their edges or the centre line) show the deployment zones for flank and corner, the turf war and recon areas, and the centre lines of the board, diagonal or orthogonal. The terrain fits in the gaps pretty well, apart from the two larger pieces, but I don't think they look out of place.

I have now, however, run out of the roll of wallpaper I was using. However, for £4 I am pretty chuffed at getting 4 mats. With the swamp board I worked on with Nate, which has a wooden back instead, I have 5 Malifaux boards.

 So that's me for today, just a quick update on how the terrain is coming. I am going to have to go buy another roll of wallpaper, but it's hardly a major financial investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment