Thursday 17 April 2014

Hi

Hi,

I have no idea what I am doing.

I have often thought blogs were an odd creature, why would people want to know anything about what I do? I am pretty mundane, a geek through and through with odd quirks, but not a terribly interesting person. I am also a member of numerous facebook groups and kick around on twitter and a couple of forums, what would I need to communicate on a soapbox that I can't do there?

I think what has swung me around is blogging is a way of getting feedback and advice. I am generally a quite guy, but it is very useful to get things off your chest and get people to look at things for me from a different perspective.

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I think it needs to be said that this will be a miniature gaming and painting hobby blog, which obviously isn't very clear from the title and stuff (it's my twitter and forum name to avoid confusion).

A little hobby history.
 I have been gaming for about 15 years and all but the last couple of those years have been exclusively Games Workshop. I worked for Games Workshop in Swansea and Oxford. I have played almost all of the GW games that existed during that time. I have also dabbled in Warmachine, but didn't enjoy it. My hobby love at the moment is Malifaux. In addition to this I have Sedition Wars, Bolt Action and Deadzone. I am currently waiting on the Kingdom Death KS, the Arena Rex KS, Myth KS, I have just backed the Mercs Recon KS and also the Arceworlde KS.

What I am doing hobby-wise at the moment? Well I have just reached the end of a Malifaux crew shown below: (for more pics, look here)
I have been working on some terrain for a Malifaux tournament I am going to in Sunderland, 'The Good, The Bad and The Fated' (for more info on that, look here):
However, I feel like I have hit a hobby wall. Malifaux is currently working on bringing out a whole bunch of figures and rules for it's game, but it is coming out little at a time and I feel like that is holding me back from doing more with the game. I am a bit sick of looking at coffee stirrers, so I am taking a little break from work on the Bayou board. I think when I get my grubby claws on the Gremlins things will work out fine though ;)

 Well I think that's enough of an essay for one day, I'll hopefully be posting regularly about different things from my current painting to battle report and games design concepts. I look forward to getting some feedback on what you'd like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment