Sunday 17 August 2014

WAAC Paintathon - The Last Charge

I have a bunch of family events going on for the next week, so I will probably not be online for a little while now, but before I disappear I wanted to do a final shout out for WAAC and the Paintathon.

 To quickly repeat what WAAC is, it's Wargamers All Against Cancer. It's a massive and successful campaign made by Dave Wilkinson to raise money for MacMillan, who support those who suffer from Cancer. I know I have said this multiple times, but I think it's worth reiterating how great a cause this is. Almost everyone I have ever met has been effected by Cancer, either directly or through people they know. It's impact is huge, through the number of people it effects and how much it changes their lives, so any support we can give people during that difficult time makes a real difference.

 In order to try and do my bit, I am undertaking a paintathon to raise sponsor money. That is, I, supported by a number of great people such as Chris King, Dan Johnson and Chris Hay and I think a few others, will be painting solid for 24 hours with no sleep in order to paint 100 models. I start 9am Sunday the 24th, which is the day after I drive back up to Durham for 5 hours. It's going to be intense.

So far I have managed to raise £85 for the cause and for that I truly am grateful. It really means a great deal to me that people have given there hard earned cash to support this cause and I cannot thank you enough.

However, I want more.

I know, I'm greedy, but what can I say? That £100 mark is so close that I can almost taste it and it will just take a few people to chip in just a little bit to smash it. Remember that I am only after people to give as little as 1p per model I paint, so £1 in total. I think almost everyone can afford that and if enough people do it we can really make a difference. Unfortunately I don't know how to change the standard values on the donation bit on 'just giving' but you can change it yourself.

So I have a few requests. If you do feel like you can afford to donate, that would be fantastic and I will be very grateful. Whether you donate or not, please share this/retweet/tell your mates/whatever you need to do to get the word around. With enough people, we can make a real difference.

The link to my Justgiving page is here

You can find the main WAAC page here

Thanks for taking the time for reading and remember to spread the word.

1 comment:

  1. So we have already broken the £100 target, fantastic! Thanks to everyone has been helping with this, it's fantastic.

    Chris King has offered to make a fantastic contribution. If we make £200 he will make an A4 display board for models, suitable for skirmish games such as Malifaux, Bushido, Warmachine etc, free of charge (though you will have to pay postage) for whoever donates the most between now (09:00 17/08/2014) and when we start our painting (09:00 23/08/2014). To see examples of the amazing work he does (unfortunately I cannot post pictures in comments) you can look on his twitter profile @Lemonconstruct.
    Thanks Chris for the amazing offer of support! Make sure you make the most of this sweet offer!

    ReplyDelete